Garmin Nüvi 2457LMT GPS Review
With your driving directions taken care of, additional information can be shown on screen if you choose such as the speed limit, your current speed, time of arrival and the name of the road you’re on.
The menus and displays can be further customized to suit the requirement of the user. You can choose icons amongst the categories, sub-categories, saved searches and even custom Points of Interests. The flexible search function allows you to search from your current location, your route, your destination whilst being constantly informed of nearby services, including restaurants, fuel stations, Gas Stations and ATM’s.
- Free Updates and Detailed Maps
- Garmin Real Direction and Garmin Real Voice features
- You See and Hear while you drive with a Comprehensive Driving Guidance.
- More Information at a Glance with a customized display.
- High Resolution Large size 7 inch screen display.
- Top Car GPS Ratings and ReviewsQuicker booting and faster recalculation of routes.
- Pleasant and natural human voices
- User friendly touch screen display interface with dual orientation ( portrait & Landscape),
- Low brightness of the display
- The unit is hefty. When mounted, it seems to require a more substantial base
- The huge size of this GPS makes it difficult to mount to the dashboard of most of the vehicles without hiding gauges, and restricting the user to view the road.
- The larger screen picks up a lot more glare in the daylight and during night, the headlight glare becomes a problem.
- The Gramin 2757 does not come with a traffic receiving cable
- Short Battery life compels the user to plug it in whenever possible and also, the battery is not easily replaceable.
Garmin nüvi 2457LMT GPS Review
The Garmin nüvi 2457LMT has a fantastic selection of features which means that this Unit is one the best selling models on the market today. The GPS Device come with a voice activation feature which allows you to use the unit without using your hands and meaning that you can get to your favourite location, Points of Interest or change your route quickly and easily.
The Screen is a little small, however it is touch screen enabled with dual portrait and landscape orientations. The screen display operations can be seen clearly even when you’re wearing sunglasses, despite the smaller screen size. The display panel has a non-glare feature and its ambient sensor adjusts very well to any light situation and it is bright and clear enough to see even during daytime.
The highly responsive Touch screen enables you to enter details quickly and easily given the unit come with a “complete the word function”, which means that you don’t have to type the full city or street name as the unit will complete this for you based on the available letters remaining. This GPS model also comes with you a new and improved processor which reduces its response time and allows you to search for and sort multiple destinations. The user interface has been improved over the years and now gives you the option to avoid certain types of roads, and even specific roads amongst the probable routes to your convenience.
Activating the “Exit Services” feature enables you to select nearby Points of Interest such as Gas Stations, Hotels, Restaurants and ATM’s. The screen can also be customised to show handy information on your GPS display such as the speed limit, other routes or Points of Interest. The lane assist view shows up automatically when you come to freeway/highway exit or complex junction. You can now drive through an interchange or exit a highway with confidence and leave the “Active Lane Guidance” feature to help you with its voice prompts. When you approach a specific interchange, brightly colored arrows indicate the proper lane needed for your route in an animated model and the friendly voice of Gramin 2457 offers additional help.
The Bird’s Eye junction view offers a detailed overhead view of interchanges, and makes you aware of all the possible details for a particular place. The Photo Real junction view realistically displays junctions and interchanges along your route, including the surrounding landscape as a few brightly colored arrows indicate the proper lane to drive. The Gramin nüvi 2457LMT also shows real road signs as they appear along your route as you drive.
Given the improved processor speeds, the device will boot quickly and the ‘auto power off feature will turn the GPS Unit off automatically if needed. The voice prompts are clear and can easily be understood even at low volume therefore keeping the passengers in the rear disturbance-free. The old ‘recalculating’ feature which used to repeat, the words “recalculating” over and over again has been removed and replaced with a Banner on the screen.
The new sleek design of the Gramin 2457 will match easily with your vehicle and the 4.3-Inch Screen is a perfect size to fit into your dashboard. The sleek mount attaches to the back of your GPS unit, allowing for a sleek design. The 2 hour Battery life is actually very good, however you will need to carry a charger as you travel longer distances.