A Mercedes-Benz eCall recall contains almost 1.four million automobiles that will fail to supply the right areas of automobiles in emergencies.
The Mercedes eCall recall contains these fashions within the U.S.
- 2016-2020 Mercedes-Benz Metris
- 2019-2020 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz GT-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz B-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class
- 2016-2021 Mercedes-Benz G-Class
In response to the automaker, software program issues might trigger a failure of the eCall system to speak the right location of a car in a crash. As a substitute, the eCall system will register the placement of the car’s final ignition and ship emergency responders to the unsuitable location.
Mercedes opened an inner investigation in October 2019 based mostly on a European report from the Mercedes-Benz eCall heart the place the automated eCall system relayed an inaccurate car place. The automaker says it could not discover any further complaints and crash checks did not point out any points.
Working with the provider, Mercedes discovered how the software program design of the communication module affected the relay of location info for the European incident.
In September 2020 totally different energy provide applied sciences had been in comparison with perceive which automobiles within the area may additionally have eCall location issues.
From October 2020 to January 2021, Mercedes reviewed German crash knowledge which indicated further related occasions the place the car place transmitted by the eCall system was incorrect.
Engineers discovered the issue can happen if there’s a drop of the facility provide to the communications module throughout a crash, brought on by the software program design of the communication module by the provider.
Mercedes-Benz additionally had bother with its eCall emergency system when a small recall was announced in February 2020.
Both a Mercedes-Benz seller or an over-the-air service will replace the software program of the eCall communication module as soon as the recall begins April 6, 2021.
Prospects with questions in regards to the Mercedes eCall recall ought to name 877-762-8267.